Yoga and Meditation in Greater Boston
Ananda Boston offers group meditations, instruction and periodic retreats in Boston, Marblehead and North Andover.
What is Ananda?
It’s a global movement based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda and founded in 1968 by Swami Kriyananda (J. Donald Walters), a direct disciple of Yogananda who was widely recognized as one of the leading spiritual teachers in the world before his death in 2013.
Ananda offers support in your quest for spiritual growth, as well as instruction in ancient and effective techniques that allow you to experience joy, love, and inner peace in your life.
Paramhansa Yogananda, author of the spiritual classic Autobiography of a Yogi, was the first great Indian master of Yoga to live in the West. One of his first homes after leaving India was in Boston in 1920. Yogananda’s teachings embrace the universal truths that underlie all religions.
People from all faiths and backgrounds are welcomed at Ananda. We invite you to join us at our yoga retreats, group meditations, and events to experience the joy of your own being.
Available on iphone & android
Free Ananda Meditation App
- Learn techniques, ancient and new
- Inspire your practice with guided meditations
- Use a timer to help you focus
- Create custom meditations and add chants, periods of silence, affirmations, and more
- Set reminders to strengthen your daily routine
- Save bandwidth by downloading meditations for offline viewing